We read in the book SOUALIGA CATHOLICA that the first and the second priest in our parish were Dutch diocesan priests, not members of a religious order or congregation. They served our community from 1841 till 1887, Father ten Brink 15 years and then Father Nieuwenhuis for no less than 34 years. After them there was a long list of Dutch Dominicans, members of the Order of Preachers. In 1978 Father Heillegger opened the row of Antillean and Filipino diocesan priests and since 2005 the Missionaries of the Divine Word (SVD) are in charge of the parish of St Martin of Tours. How did this worldwide congregation found their way to our island ?
To find the answer please click on Father Thomas.