The Catholic Community was shocked to hear that Sr. Basilia passed away in Holland on January 20, 2019.
On Monday, January 21st, 10 youth from our parish, along with the youth advisors and Fr. Yohanes will be traveling to Panama to participate in the World Youth Day, a Catholic Youth Festival where the young people from around the world will celebrate their Faith, in the company of our Pontiff Pope Francis. Let us pray for a safe journey for them and truly spiritual experience of this event.
Mrs. Carmen Bowers, first from right in the picture, is often seen with her camera during celebrations and activities organised by our St. Martin of Tours Parish. In the past month she collected pictures from
- the Advent Retreat for ministries in the Parish;
- the visit of Bishop Secco to the St. Joseph school;
- the commissioning of Catechists;
- the First Sunday of Advent;
- the installation of new Proclaimers of the Word;
- the memorial service 2018;
- Presentation of the candidates for Confirmation Year 2;
- the Advent Mass of the Sr. Borgia school in St. Martin's home;
- the celebration of the Feast of St. Cecilia with the Catholic Schools orchestar as special guests and
- the workshops with Father Latus S.V.D.
Some of these pictures are in the gallery (please click the leading picture). Please approach Mrs. Bowers if you would like to see more pictures of an event you took part in.
KNEELERS IN THE VARIOUS CHURCHES
We are kindly requesting your cooperation to safeguard our church pews and kneelers, during the Liturgy of the Eucharist, prayers and meditation. After communion please put down and lift up the kneelers very softly and gently as your fellow parishioners are praying or meditating.
Parishioners are also kindly asked not to bend the Hymnals
or the pages as markers while using them.